Who are in the scope of unemployment insurance?
* Insured people included in the item (a) of the first paragraph, and in the second paragraph of the article no. 4 of Social Insurances and General Health Insurance Law no.5510 and work in accordance with an employment contract,
* Insured people subject to the funds specified in the provisional article no. 20 of Social Security Law no. 506
* Foreign workers employed with a working visa in our country are within the scope of unemployment insurance.
What are the requirements for benefiting from unemployment insurance services? Which documents to be submitted to where?
In accordance with the Unemployment Insurance Law no. 4447, those who lose their job out of their will and fault despite their desire, skill, health, and competence to work during their employment in a workplace within the scope of unemployment insurance can benefit from the unemployment insurance services on the condition that they have paid unemployment insurance contribution within the last 120 days before the termination of employment contract and paid unemployment insurance premium for at least 600 days within the last three years and applied to the nearest İŞKUR unit in person or online on www.iskur.gov.tr and reporting that they are ready for a job within 30 days of the termination of employment contract. In case of a failure of application within 30 days except force majeure, the delay of application is deducted from the total duration of right ownership.
From which earning and in what rate the unemployment insurance premium is collected?
In accordance with the premium specified in the articles 80 and 82 of Social Security and General Health Insurance Law no. 5510, unemployment insurance premium consists of 1% insurance holder, 2% employer, and 1% State shares.
Which institution should improperly-received unemployment insurance premiums be claimed from?
Social Security Institution is charged with, authorized and responsible for collecting unemployment insurance premiums, and Turkish Employment Agency is for all other services and procedures.
Social Security Institution is charged with, authorized, and responsible for collecting unemployment insurance premiums, keeping the records on the basis of insurance holder and workplace, transferring to the Fund the collected premiums, late fee, interests and fines, holding reserves for premium debts of guarantees and progress payments, and returning the premiums that are collected improperly.
Social Security Institution should be contacted for returning improperly-collected premiums.
What services are provided for the insured unemployed people?
In accordance with the basis and principles specified in the Law, the payments and services below are provided to the insured unemployed people by İŞKUR;
- Payment of general health insurance premiums in accordance with the Law no. 5510.
- Distribution of unemployment compensation,
- Finding a new job,
- Provision of vocational development and training course.
What is the duration of unemployment insurance payments?
Following unemployment insurance payments are made for the following premiums settled within three years before the termination of employment contract (on the condition that other terms of the law are met);
* 180 days for insured unemployed people who have worked under insurance and paid unemployment insurance premiums for 600 days,
* 240 days for insured unemployed people who have worked under insurance and paid unemployment insurance premiums for 900 days,
* 300 days for insured unemployed people who have worked under insurance and paid unemployment insurance premiums for 1080 days,
How is the unemployment insurance allowance calculated?
Daily unemployment insurance payments is calculated as forty per cent of daily average gross earning which is calculated with the earnings of the last four months taken basic to premium. The sum of unemployment insurance payments calculated this way may not exceed eighty per cent of the gross sum of monthly minimum wage for the employees older than sixteen years of age in accordance with the article 39 of the Labor Law no. 4857.
Also, deduction of stamp duty is made from the unemployment insurance payment.
The Amount of Unemployment Allowance 2021
The Average of Earnings Based on Premium of the Last 4 Months (TL)
The Amount of Unemployment Allowance
Those who have worked for minimum wage for the last 4 months
Those who have worked for 4.100 TL for the last 4 months
Those who have worked for 7.500 TL for the last 4 months
(*) As calculated sum of unemployment insurance payment will not exceed eighty percent of the gross amount of minimum wage, monthly unemployment insurance payment to be paid is calculated this way.
Where, when, and how can insured unemployed people holders receive their unemployment insurance payments after applying to İŞKUR?
Payment of first unemployment insurance is made until the end of the month following the date of entitlement to the payment. Insured unemployed people can receive their unemployment insurance payments by applying to a branch of PTT with their Identity Card that includes their TR ID No.
Under which conditions is the payment of unemployment insurance payment suspended?
While receiving unemployment insurance payment:
- Payment of insured unemployed people who reject, without any rightful reason, a suitable job offered by the Agency, which is close to the salary and working conditions of their last job, and inside the urban area of the municipality of residence are suspended permanently.
- Payment of insured unemployed people who are found to be working for income or receiving old age pension from a social security institution is suspended permanently.
- Payment of insured unemployed people who reject vocational development training courses offered by the Institution without any rightful reason or do not continue their training despite accepting it, do not answer the calls made by the Institution without any rightful reason, and who fail to submit requested information and documents within specified time is suspended. However, if these circumstances end in some time, payments are restarted. Period of the payment to be made in this respect cannot exceed the end of the total duration of right ownership determined in the beginning.
Can the payment surplus of a deceased Insured Unemployed People be collected?
Payment surplus of a deceased unemployed insurance holder cannot be collected.
Will a deduction be made from unemployment insurance payment?
Unemployment insurance payment cannot be subject to a taxation or deduction except the stamp duty, nor can be transferred or levied to anyone except maintenance debts.
What are the conditions that are not considered as deduction in the last 120 days?
In case the operation in the workplace is stopped or suspended for any of the reasons below,
* Unpaid leave,
* Disciplinary penalty,
* State of arrest without the result of conviction,
* Partial employment,
* Circumstances that affect life in general,
* Economic crisis,
* Natural disasters,
are not considered as deductions for the failure of premium payments in the last 120 days before the termination of the employment contract, as long as the employment contract was in force for the last 120 days, shall be made from insured unemployed people whose employment contracts have expired in accordance with the article 4447/51.
Is it possible for the insured unemployed people to benefit from healthcare services while receiving unemployment insurance ?
In accordance with the Law no. 5510, those who receive unemployment insurance payment are included in the scope of general health insurance, and their dependents can also benefit from healthcare services.
What should be done if an unemployed insurance holder is recruited during the time he/she receives unemployment insurance payment?
Those who are recruited to a wage-earning job (even for one day) while taking unemployment insurance payment should report this to the nearest unit of İŞKUR within 15 days starting on the day that follows the date of recruitment. Payments of those who notify our Institution are restarted by the date of their application (if they quit the job as in a way that would not enable them be entitled for another payment). Recruitment of relevant persons is followed by our . Agency. In failure of notification within 15 days despite being recruited in a wage-earning job , the payment is stopped and the remainder of the payment is not made in case of quitting the job without entitlement to another payment. Payment surplus is collected with legal rate of interest.